- Enjoy your rest. Rest like Jesus… rest with Jesus
- Know what steals your rest
- Rest from your achievements & rest in God’s full embrace
- Genesis 2:7-13 (NLT)
- Psalm 127:1-2 (NLT)
- Psalm 62:1
- Matthew 11:28-30 (MSG)
Life Group Questions
When was the last time you took some time for just yourself to relax or just rest?
1. Look at Psalm 62:1-2. What stands out to you in these verses? How do these verses encourage you and give you confidence in our daily lives?
2. Do you struggle at times with knowing and trusting that you are loved by God? What are some of the ways we tend to work/strive to get God’s love/attention?
1. What does it look like for you to “enjoy” your rest? How do we see Jesus model the importance of rest in his life?
2. Rob said we need to know what steals our rest. Which of these do you struggle with when it comes to resting in God- Life? Worry? Self-hate? Others? What does it look like to invite God into our struggles vs. trying to do it on our own?
3. Why is it so important for us to take care of our soul? Have you had times/experiences where you have hurt others because your soul was not in a good place?
4. Is there a time in the near future you can take to rest? What would that look like for you?
Spend time praying for each other.