- Work on who you are becoming, more than what title or status you will have
- Enter into the rhythm of grace each day
- Be restored on the Sabbath
- Genesis 1-2
- Matthew 12:7-8
- Exodus 16:28-29
Life Group Questions
How many days did you feel rushed last week? Were you able to take some time this past week and rest? What did you do? If not, can you find some time this week?
- Reflect on Genesis chapter 1 and the creation story. What rhythms and patterns do you see?
- How do you see the concepts or rest and work and balance taking place?
- How do you see God working in your life? How is God’s work in our lives a partnership with us?
- What does it look like for us to enter into the rhythm of grace each day?
- Is your tendency to work and not rest or rest and not work? Name one way you can begin to better balance work and rest in your life?
- Does it help you to remember that God rested? What does the Sabbath mean to you? What does the Sabbath look like for you?
- Why is it so important for us to focus on who we are becoming, more than what title or status we have?
Sermon Topics: Sabbath