- Ask God Why?
- Question Your Soul
- Lead Your Soul Back to God
- Sing a Song; Pray a Prayer
- Thirst for God
- Let God refresh your soul
- Psalm 42
- Zeph. 3:17
- John 4:14
Life Group Questions
- Look at Psalm 42:1-11. What stands out to you in these verses? How would you describe the struggle going on with the psalmist?
- What does the psalmist urge himself to do in verse 5? Why is it so important for us to put our hope in God, when times are tough? How can reflecting on the things God has done and His love for us, help us in difficult times?
- Why are we sometimes afraid to ask God why? What are some good things that can come from going through a challenging or difficult time in life? In what ways have you seen God use a difficult time for good?
- Sometimes it can be difficult to know what God is doing or to feel His presence and often times we can put God aside. What are some things we tend to run to or put our hope in rather than God?
- How can we come alongside others who may be struggling or dealing with tough things in life? How can we help to bring hope to those God has placed in our lives?
- Psalm 63:1, says, “Oh God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you. My soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.” Do you feel at times like your soul is dry? What does it look like for us to earnestly seek God in our daily lives? What changes do we need to make for this to happen on a regular basis?