High School/ Jr. High – Student Pastor
Goal: Seeking a passionate leader who has the ability to oversee, lead, and gather both churched and unchurched High School / Jr. High school students in the community.
The Student Pastor will be the point person for our student ministries; driving our vision for reaching junior and high school students with the gospel and helping them live out their faith.
As a member of the core leadership team of the church roughly 3/4 of this position will be devoted to student and family ministry while the remaining 1/4 will be devoted to church wide growth projects and other areas of need as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
You’re a great fit for this position if:
● You love students and have a passion for developing student leaders.
● You value working with a team and enjoy investing in adult volunteers.
● You thrive in incarnational (going into the community) ministry model.
● You are comfortable interacting with students who are not believers.
● You enjoy teaching and want to further develop your speaking abilities.
● You want to be a part of a healthy team together on mission.
● Creating exceptional environments where unchurched middle and high school students love to attend and churched students can grow in their relationship with God.
● Spending time meeting students on their turf and building relationships in the community.
● Leading a Sunday morning strategy for integrating students into the church as a whole in a manner that encourages Christian and non-Christian students to serve and grow.
● Leading a separate mid-week program for junior high and senior high.
● Planning and leading retreats and mission projects for students.
● Building healthy, trustworthy partnerships with parents, resourcing them with tools for faith formation at home, and providing care and counsel as needed.
● Teaching the truths of scripture in a compelling and relevant manner in a postmodern and post-Christian context.
● Working and collaborating with other organizations, ie.) Young Life, Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA, etc).
● Serving the other staff members with humility, contributing whenever possible to a sense of team and cooperation.
Basic Skills and Qualifications:
● College Degree
● Minimum of 3 years of paid or volunteer experience in ministry with a record of leading events and programs for students
● Proven ability to recruit, develop and lead adult volunteers and leaders
● Strong speaking ability in a variety of contexts
● An authentic, active walk with Christ that fuels ministry
● A heart for the unsaved/unchurched
● A self-starter with a high level of energy and enthusiasm
● Ability to think big picture and strategy without losing sight of details
● Team player demonstrating humility, and strong interpersonal skills
● A desire to learn and grow in family ministry
Information on compensation will be discussed early in the application process.
Please send cover letter, resume and video or audio link of teaching to: firstname.lastname@example.org