- Remember where your blessings came from
- Remember where YOU came from
- Prepare a feast. Don't serve your leftovers.
- Be generous and soon you'll be rejoicing with others
- Habakkuk 3:17-19
- Proverbs 11:24-25
- Deuteronomy 26:5-11
- Luke 24:44
Life Group Questions
What are you most looking forward to this Christmas season?
- Look at Habakkuk 3:17-19- What stands out to you in these verses? How do you think Habakkuk is still able to rejoice and have joy in these difficult times (verse 18)?
- Read Deuteronomy 26:5-11. How does remembering what God has done, help us in our current situation or circumstances?
- Who is someone you know that is a generous person? What makes them stand out to you?
- What are some other ways we can be generous other than just with money?
- How do we begin to cultivate an attitude of generosity so it is not just based on our circumstances but becomes part of who we are?
- Can you think of a time recently when you were nervous or weren’t sure about something and then saw God provide for you and meet you in that place?
- What does it mean to give God our first fruits instead of our “leftovers”? What are some ways you feel God calling you to be more generous with your time, talent and treasure?